ES Post-Intake Meeting Checklist
(For ES use at first meeting after Intake Meeting. To be kept in student file for future school/ES reference)
1. I have given a drop slip to my ES indicating the last date of
enrollment with my previous school. I have been informed about concurrent
enrollment and understand that my student can not be enrolled in any public,
private or correspondence school while attending CWCS except for ROP or
community college classes with approval from administration.
2. I have received a copy of the General Info Sheet with all contact numbers.
3. The Attendance Rollsheet procedure has been explained and I have a copy of the rollsheet for the next learning period.
4. I have received a copy of the school calendar, and I have noted the next two scheduled learning record meetings.
5. The truancy policy has been explained.
6. The learning record documentation, requirements, and procedure have been explained.
7. The portfolio requirements have been explained and I understand that work samples will be collected at each learning record meeting.
8. The optional Benchmark Exams and the four required Writing Prompt samples have been explained. Remind about the due date for the first writing prompt, review the assignment, and order writing curriculum.
9. Instructional Funding available for my student this year has been discussed and spending priorities have been set. I understand that the school’s funding can not be used to purchase denominational or sectarian materials, and that all educational materials provided to my students remain the property of this charter school. Lost or willfully damaged items will be charged to the parents, and student records will be withheld.
10. I have been provided with curriculum that I have requested, or while I am waiting for my requested curriculum, my ES has given me assignments for my student.
11.My ES has reviewed and explained the current Scantron expanded report results (if no STAR scores are available), the previous year’s report data for STAR/CST, and/or CAHSEE (for students who did not pass). Students scoring basic or below require a PLIP (Personalized Learning Improvement Plan).
12. I have completed a School Survey Addendum.
13. I have been provided with a school newsletter or have been shown how to access it online.
14. I have been informed about AESS (Additional ES Services) and have signed a contract if applicable.
15. I have been informed about the Parent Listserve. (If interested, ES will send parent's name and email address to email@example.com)
email address: ____________________________________
16. I have been informed of the Technology Plan and the activities that must be completed by all students even if they do not use the Internet for educational purposes. http://www.ieminc.org/handbook/computerrel/cwtechres.htm
17. (For high school only)
I have discussed the CWCS Graduation Requirements and completed a Graduation
18. (For high school only) I have been provided with and signed the CAHSEE Letter for 10th Graders (if applicable), CAHSEE Letter for 12th graders (or Parent Notification for all others)
19. For K-2 only) My student has completed a WRAT pre-test with my ES (or set a date to do so), and I understand that for K-2 the WRAT will be used for the school’s required pre and post testing each year.
My signature below verifies that I have discussed and completed all of the above to my satisfaction with my ES.
Parent Signature Date ES Signature Date